Thursday, August 22, 2013

When in doubt....Ben Barnes.

Second blog post this week, I feel like maybe I should get a medal or cookie or something like that. Tonight's blog post is going to be different from all the previous ones, or at least I think so- it's not going to be on dating or weight loss or girl power but, about a boy.
Who is this boy that, I feel, deserves a whole blog post on unto himself. Well, ladies and gentlemen, it's a little man named Ben Barnes. 

Ah, Ben Barnes, just the name itself gets me excited. Now, if you have been with my blog from the first post, then you remember this glorious name. If you have never heard of Ben Barnes then, a) I feel sorry for you and b) Don't worry, Auntie Catherine is about to enlighten you. Yay for you!!
Now, as this is America, I can not force you to love Ben Barnes as I do, but I will share as to why I love him and maybe you will love him too. If you don't, it's okay because that will just leave more for me.

Okay, first things first, here in a picture of the man in question. Benjamin Thomas Barnes- first off,  great name- first entered my life in the fall of 2007. Me and two of my best friends when to see the movie Starlight in which Ben is the main object of the first 5-10 minutes. Being the big nerds that we are, Katie and I recognized his face as being the star of the next Chronicles of Narnia film "Prince Caspian" so we spent the first 10 minutes frantically whispering back and forth like proper fan girls and probably earning some harsh looks. It's safe to say that our obsession of this British man gem began that night when we realized how good looking he was. I mean, look at that face up there ^.

For the sake of this blog, I have composed a list, along with the help of my little sister, of the attributes of one Benjamin Barnes and why we love him. 

The Shining Attribute of Benjamin Barnes
as complied by Catherine and Molly:

1.) The face. For years, ancient sculptors and painters have tried to capture the angelic face of man in classic works like David and The Thinker. Look no further, Michelangelo, that angelic face is the face of Ben Barnes. From the sparkling brown eyes to the regal nose to the most perfect smile- he has it all. The fact that two cells combined in such a perfect way so that their combine DNA could produce the creature above baffles my mind. For good measure, here is another picture- and get use to them, it won't be the last. 
Who could resist this face?
2.) He's versatile. In my 24 years I have walked on this earth, I have never seen a man able to pull off more facial and head hair looks than this man. Short hair and no facial hair- hot. Short hair and facial hair- hot. Long hair and not facial hair- hot. Long hair and facial hair- hot. This is not true of all men. Guys who look good with short hair usually look homeless with long hair and guys who look good with long hair usually look like a prepubesant 7th grader with short hair. It's a basic fact of life. (Facts of Life- great show) Ben Barnes has basically surpassed all of these social norms by always looking amazing not matter which way the hair is growing on his head. Now, for examples.
*Catherine's Note* : Despite his Achilles/ Herculean appearance at all facets of hair, he can not pull off just a moustache without looking a little creepy. This, however, is true of ALL men under the rip age of 45- but he looks a lot less like a pervert than them. 
*Another note* There are no images on Google of Ben with a moustache like in the movie The Words so you will either just have to take my word or watch the movie for yourself. 
*Another another note* I only looked at the first page because I'm lazy and it's late.

3.) I don't think that he ages, I really mean that. Tuesday was this gorgeous boys birthday and how old do you think he turned. 27? False, he turned a beautiful 32. I can see your face now, you probably look like Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone in the bathroom scene with disbelief. (That's oddly specific but, hey, it works) Yes, he turned 32 which raises a few questions. A few years ago, Benny Boo did a little movie called Dorian Gray where he played the title character. Now, in the unlikely event that you no nothing about the synopsis of Dorian Gray, I will give you the Catherine's Notes version. Dorian Gray is a beautiful, vain man who basically sells his soul for eternal youth. As he becomes more corrupt and evil in this world, his beautiful portrait decays and corrodes, truly depicting his inner man. Spoiler alert, he eventually destroys his picture which kills him and restores his portrait to it original, unblemished state. 
I beginning to think that this story is true and that Ben Barnes sold his soul for eternal youth  because I don't look that good and I'm only 24. Either that, or he found the fountain of youth.
4.) He's British. I don't know what it is, but a British accent on a man immediately increases his attractiveness by 26.3%- yes, I did the math. Now, this also applies to Australian's but there are far less known Australian men than British men so, the British accent wins by default. I wish I knew why this magical spell of the British accent has so much lure over us. Is it because we think they are automatically gentlemen because they talk like James Bond? I don't know. Is it because they, according to social convention, sound smarter? Again, I don't know. The world may never understand the British accent but, until then, we American women will have to fight the urge to not grab every British boy we meet and kiss his cheeky cheeks. 
5.) He's not only an actor, but he's a good actor. That's probably why you haven't heard of him before today, he actually has talent and we can't have that in our major motion pictures- no sirree. He spent to first few years of his career performing on West End. West End! For those Anglo-illiterate out there, West End is London's version of Broadway. Now, you've got to have talent to work on West End because you don't have multiple takes to get it right. I don't understand why his movie career hasn't boomed off the charts yet. He's brilliant in whatever he's in and with a face like his, he should be packing the theater with women folk. So, Hollywood, get on that. And check out the trailer for his upcoming movie Seventh Son. 
6.) He can sing. And I don't mean you average, Disney channel "actor" turned "singer" sing. I mean, HE. CAN. SING. Like an angel that fell from heaven and has decided to share his magical song with the world. He grew up doing musical theater and in 2004 perform with a boy band on a popular European show representing Britain. Unfortunately, they didn't win with their song "Leading Me On", which I will link to below, but that hasn't stopped him. As of today, he has sung for two different soundtracks: Easy Virtue, which features 30's style Big Band/ jazz, and Killing Bono, which is basically 80's pop/rock. 

7.) He's Ben Barnes. Part of a professional fan girls job is the research her featured celebrity to the point of stalking. From all that I've seen and read, he seems like a great guy. Sometimes, you project these ideas of how you think the guy really is and then they come up quite short, shattering you paper mache heart shaped hopes and dreams in their wake. But I don't think he's like that. From what I have gathered from my fan girl research, he seems like he would be the type of guy that would joke around and be silly with you then end the night cuddling on the couch watching the Princess Bride or Star Wars. I don't know about you, but that sounds like fan girl heaven to me. 

So, here you have it, these are the reason why I love good ole
 Benny Boo. If you love him now too, great! If not...well, we don't need you anyway. 

I can't make any promises, but I'm going to try to blog again Saturday and I hope to see some of you there. 

Love to all- except the none Ben Barnes lovers, we don't need thei
negativity here-
Catherine

*Another Catherine Note*: The title comes from a little phrase/motto between myself and my best friend Katie. It means nothing really and I can't remember how or when it came to be, but when in doubt, Ben Barnes. 

*And Another*: This post is purely for entertainment and giggles. I am not a paid Ben Barnes' spokeswomen or PR representative though I think he should hire me because I feel like I did a FANTASTIC job.

*Last one, I promise*: Ben, if you are reading this, I promise I an not insane, just and admirer so, call me ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment